The CXU Student Brief
A monthly newsletter for Upgraded Online Course Subscribers
Getting Ahead by Getting Certified
CX Certification is imperative if you are currently part of a business or an organization whose purpose is serving customers or patients. Nearly all Fortune 500 companies, hospitals, and other organizations need employees with customer or patient experience credentials. The Customer Experience Specialist (CXS)™ or Patient Experience Specialist (PXS)™ certification demonstrates your mastery in all areas of Customer Experience. In this month’s Professional Development Corner, I’m going to shed light on the process for earning the CXS™ or PXS™.
There are three major requirements to earn the CXS™ or PXS™ Certificate:
- First, you must complete the applicable series of CXU online courses: CX500 Series for Customer Experience and PX500 Series for Patient Experience.
- After completing the applicable CXU courses, you must then score 80% or higher on the Customer Experience Specialist (CXS)™ or Patient Experience Specialist (PXS)™ certification exam. There is no additional cost for the certification exam. You will have 2-hours to complete the 70-question, online multiple-choice exam. If you do not score 80% or higher on the certification exam, you will have the opportunity for additional study and to retake the exam.
- Finally, as long as you continue your subscription, you have no time constraint to complete the online courses and take the certification exam.
Preparing for the CXS Exam
The best way to prepare for your certification exam is to take the end-of-course tests for each course as you complete it. Once you do a course test, you can review the questions you missed. You can see each question, response options, the correct answer, and the answer you chose. You may also retake the test if you wish. Many students print a copy of the course test to use later for review purposes. In order to print the test, go the “Review Test” page. Highlight the entire test, answer choices, and your answer. Then paste the test in a Word document. Save and print the file as needed. Once you have finished all courses, review these course tests before taking your Specialist exam.
Taking the CXS™ or PXS™ Exam
Unlike the end of course tests, the certification exams have a time limit. Once you begin a certification test you must finish the test. You may not leave and return to the test. Here are the complete instructions:
- You will have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the Customer or Patient Experience Specialist Exam.
- There are 70 questions.
- Once you choose to begin the test, you cannot stop and return to it at a later time.
- Questions not answered before the 2-hour time limit will be counted as incorrect.
- You may skip and return to unanswered questions at any time, but only during the time allotted for the test.
- The passing score is 80% or 56 or more correct out of 70 questions.
If you don’t pass the exam, you should study the material again and retake the exam. Once you pass the exam, we will send you the CX or PX Specialist Certificate and Badge. Earning the CXS or PXS uniquely prepares you to succeed in your career. Take the time to prepare for this prestigious award. You can do it!
This Month's Featured Reading
Does Artificial Intelligence Replace Thinking?
This article was originally published for the Association for Talent Development (ATD).
Have fun with our interactive learning tools!
Methods for your Design Mind - quick lesson
Design thinking is a deeply human-centered approach of using intuition and interpretation of observations to develop ideas that are emotionally meaningful and connected to those you are designing for. Design thinking in CX provides tools and methods to use in building CX ecosystems. Enjoy a quick lesson to learn more!
Try our CX Crossword Puzzles!
The best way to solidify your knowledge of new terms is by having fun and playing! We have a whole series of CX Crossword Puzzles- click on the first one to get started today.
What are you waiting for?
Time to get started with your Online Coursework and make a difference in your career!